Friday, October 03, 2008


Another 14-hour day, and I was walking home. My feet hurt, the tie around my neck a constant irritation. I was preoccupied, thinking about what it means to exist.

Two white guys stumbled out of a bar and into my path. They're in their early twenties, dressed as b-ballers, and drunk or high or both. "Can you spare some change?" one asked me. "Sorry, no." I tried to be nice.

"You FAKER! You and your... BLUE SHIRT!"

Seriously? Is this my life?

I walked into a street sign.

"HA HA! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen! Hey look! Look!" His friend was now vomiting into the flowers in front of Just Desserts.

"FAKER!" I heard in the distance, as I disappeared into the darkness.


Mary said...

Lol!! Of course those with blue shirts are always loaded with cash! Hahaha! How weird. Drunks make me uncomfortable. They're just so awkward!

And thank goodness I am subscribed to this blog on google reader! I'm so glad to know you're still around! I was beginning to think that this blog was dead! I'm glad it's not! :)

am said...


Tall Medstudent said...

Hey M, I'm not quite dead yet. :)

Thanks am!

Hiram said...

The writer is totally fair, and there's no doubt.
check | here | get it