Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Waitin' for my Odometer to Roll Straight Sevens

Screw rehab, I love my addiction
No sleep, no sleep, I am always on a mission.
-- J. Dupri

I was the only car on the 278, the only car on the Triborough, as I drove into Manhattan at 1:45 in the morning. Who knew that was possible, to be alone on the road into NYC. I found a parking spot at the entrance to the Museum of Natural Sciences, and made my way along the west side of central park to my hotel. The city was abandoned.

Meds has absorbed me into its lifestyle. One night, I'm asleep by 8:30; the next, I'm waiting for the sunrise so I can leave work and head into town. This pattern has creeped into my vacations as well.

1 comment:

Mervyn said...

It won't truly have success, I consider this way.
hair barrettes | fringe dress | tropical wallpaper