Thursday, November 23, 2006

Apathy

Lately, I've been pretty apathetic, about everything. For example, eating has been tedious. I don't want to eat anything in my cupboard, so I hop in my car and start to drive. KFC? No. The Bell? No. Wendy's? No. Arby's? No. Chicken on the Way? No. Not even Timmy's! Two weekends ago, I ended up deep in the southwest part of town, before finally eating some popcorn.

Fortunately, GI class has turned things around for me. Weird that the vagaries of the intestinal tract would get a person excited about life again. Plus, classes reminded me of the pleasures of a fibre-containing diet, and so I have hit a local sub shop for the last two nights, for a tasty vegetarian sub. Mmm!

Funny enough, when I went in to the sub shop for dinner last night, I recognized Helena Paparizou playing on their radio; it was a song I'd never heard before. As I ordered, I thought to myself, "This is destiny. How many people in this city could instantly recognize Helena Paparizou's voice?"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken on the way? What a creative name!!

med neophyte said...

I actually did 'chicken on the way' tonight. It is definately a guilty pleasure but it does happen to be right on the way to my house from the hospital. So I give in to the temptation about once a month or two.

Tall Medstudent said...

It's an odd place, a take-out apparently frozen in time. I like it; the staff is extremely friendly, the fritters are good, and the paper-wrapping of the boxes is a nice nostalgic touch.

Too bad about their billboard controversy, which put a bad taste in my mouth when I first heard about it. But, given the museum-like quality of the store, I'm not surprised that they wished their sign to remain unchanged as well, despite the changes in Canadian society over the last 48 years.

tulula tenant said...

We missed you for Thanksgiving. Come visit and we'll make you excited about food again.

Tall Medstudent said...

It'll probably be a few years before I make it back to Boston. I have a total of four weeks of vacation between now and March of 2008, all at Christmastimes...

I will just have to find contentment and inner peace based on the restaurant selection here...

Anna said...

chicken on the way scares my arteries...

i too have been very apathetic about cooking recently, leading to an excessive comsumption of pasta and pesto (sadly out of a jar). because it takes 15 minutes from start to finsh to cook. and for 14 minutes you can sit and watch the pasta boil while reading a magazine. thats my kinda cooking!

Philip said...

So, I do not really imagine this is likely to have success.
i can recommend it | link | i can recommend it

Dwain said...

Pretty effective data, thanks so much for your article.
Diesel Olive Sjude Shirt | Lanvin Black Smoking Satin Attitude Suit | check

Anonymous said...

Wow, there is so much effective info above!
nice here | this 5 | look 8 this 4 | nice link | do not forget check look site | nice check