Sunday, March 11, 2007


Happily, I was right in thinking that organizing my recyclables was the key to organizing my life. The apartment is almost ship-shape, and I've recovered my joie de vivre just in time for clerkship.

I'm still clueless as to what will be happening tomorrow, though. Will I be put straight to work, or will I get to relax and find out how the heck everything works? It's a mystery. I should have watched a chest-tube-insertion video or two today, or memorized surgical instrument names.

Like I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've been listening to the Trashcan Sinatras a lot recently. This verse reminded me of moving on from classrooms to clerkship:

Soothe your fear, we're off where it's warmer
Here's to all of us, I know you are worried
We're leaving here, regret to inform you
Leaving everything, it's just that we've got to
believe in everything, we're leaving everything


Bring it on...


med neophyte said...

How did your first day go? I am dieing to hear...
Sorry. I didn't mean to use the word 'die'. I mean I am really anxious to hear

Tall Medstudent said...

Something... wonderful!

med neophyte said...

Good to hear. I am sure you'll shine in clerkship!

Marysienka said...

we want more details!! how is it?