Sunday, June 03, 2007

Freetime

I didn't have call this weekend. Whew! I really needed a full weekend off. It's funny how satisfying a simple day of relaxation has become for us clerks. Saturday, I did nothing of import. I met up with Rococo and Magic Pants at Earl's, and we spent the afternoon in the sun on the patio, with margaritas and happy conversation. Then, with coercion employed skillfully on my part, we went to see the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was supposed to be pretty bad, but Johnny Depp is Johnny Depp. Well, I enjoyed it. I have to say, though, that it was a bit Tranantinoesque, what with all the killing and killing and killing. Also, I was a bit disappointed in Keira's choice.

Today was a quiet day at home with Wa-Wa, Victor Jara, and the other rarely-played artists in my iTunes catalog. Funny, it seems that Tarcy Su and Yuki Hsu have new albums out... I thought they had moved permanently into the realm of memories of my youth.

Anyways, back to the subject of movies, I finally saw Babel. An okay movie; the strongest moment for me was when Ryuichi Sakamoto was used for the final scene. A great song.

We're in the midst of a thunderstorm right now. The windows are wide open...

The Lowest of the Low said:

And some time when your resistance is low
Remember that I know...
Who's your favourite Pogue

There's a place in my soul where no one else can adore you
And like the poet-soldier says, "I would spill my blood for you."

2 comments:

Marysienka said...

I did not enjoy Babel as much as Crash or 21 Grams. Like you said, it was an "ok" movie. I haven't seen any of the Pirates... do I miss something?

Enjoy the freetime while you have it, we'll have to pay to get "freetime" later. ahhh!

Tall Medstudent said...

Hmm, 21 Grams, I never saw.

The first Pirates movie was a good one. Entertaining stuff. The second and third, you should only see for the sake of completeness.