Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Signs

Yesterday in small group, our preceptor randomly picked me to quickly demonstrate a lid lag exam on... and great, I had lid lag. Later, I had Rococo confirm the observation, and then looked for it myself in the mirror in the evening. At that point, I noticed lid retraction as well, but I think that was just brought on by me staring at the mirror repeatedly looking for lid lag.

I suspect this ties in with my mitral valve prolapse somehow, being an adrenergic symptom. Does that sound right?

Today is hot hot hot, true midsummer weather. Gotta go coop myself up in my room to study; thank goodness, once again, for the TO notes. Again, other textbooks failed. For example, the Crash Course textbook was riddled with errors in its diabetes section, even referring to HONK as a hypoglycemic state at one point! Unbelievable!

6 comments:

Bil The Man said...

What? Damn, doesn't take long to slip into medical speak. This is why scientists never want to hang out with you people.

Marysienka said...

you'll have to show me how you to a lig lag test to yourself...

Tall Medstudent said...

Bil, you just need a good textbook and a couple of weekends. :)

It's a pretty easy test to do on yourself. :) You just bring your chin down towards your neck, look at your eyes in the mirror, and lift your chin back up, while watching your lids. The key is getting the correct angular speed going. :)

Just finished my endocrine exam five minutes ago. Not an easy one; a lot of minutiae tested...

Marysienka said...

Mmm I'll have to try it on myself ;)
My endocrine exam is in a week and a half. maybe i should start studying.

Tall Medstudent said...

One and a half weeks should just about do it. :)

Shayne said...

Oh my god, there is a great deal of worthwhile data above!
bankruptcy | preschool songs | first time anal