Monday, May 22, 2006

Victoria Day

It's a long weekend up here. I'm celebrating by studying neuroanatomy. I should study a bit of PE later in the day... after which, we'll see if Albertans can walk the walk when it comes to fireworks. I'd hate to have to inform people that Toronto does it better.

BTW, the sun is setting around 9:30 these days. That means it's light until after 10, and midsummer isn't for another month. I'm almost a bit sad that I'll be so far south when midsummer does roll around.

5 comments:

Marysienka said...

We had school yesterday. You did?! No fair.
:-P

Anonymous said...

Cool, almost like white nights. What time does the sun rise?

Tall Medstudent said...

Marysienka: Well, I'm guessing that you have St. Jean-Baptiste day off. Oh wait, so do we! :) Sorry about that, you should complain to your admin that they don't care enough about Queen Victoria.

Pip: The sun rises before I wake up. :) I'm not sure about the exact time it becomes light...

notyourtypicalmedstudent said...

hello!

first of all, i'd like to say, you always write a nice interesting blog.

you don't know me but i'm a 4th year medical student from zamboanga city, philippines. i've heard good things about your school and our dean is apparently good friends with some of your people. because of the good people from your school, the vision of a medical school in our place was made possible and our own school was born.

i look forward reading your upcoming entries. more power blogging!

Tall Medstudent said...

Thanks, sometimes I wonder why I write the blog, and sometimes I wonder why people read the thing!

Glad to hear that the school has made a contribution over there. :) I found this deep in our school's website: "Ten members of their medical group have studied in Calgary. More than thirty Calgary faculty or staff have participated in the program in Zamboanga, some on multiple occasions." I guess I learnt something new about our international program today...