Sunday, January 14, 2007

Grey's

Soccergrrrl was out of town this weekend, so I headed over to The Smokehouse to keep Banana company. Yep, just Banana and the Breadfruit, hanging out, watching some TV. I ended up watching the first eight episodes of season one of 'Grey's Anatomy'. Now I get what the fuss is about, and I get the whole 'thing for ferry boats' too.

I need to buy a big swath of land, along with a trailer...

First, though, I have to get my PowerLappy G4 back. :( The local repair place called me on Friday, not to tell me to come pick it up, but rather to tell me that they had 'looked at it' and confirmed that the hard drive was indeed dead, but hadn't ordered a replacement yet. They actually expected me to be happy that they had 'looked at it' within a week! The thing is so integral to my studies, it was a struggle to go a week without it. Never again do I trust Calgarians with my PowerLappy!

5 comments:

Marysienka said...

Yeah I guess the trailer is the key there ;-P

Grey's A. is aired in French now, the first 2 episodes were last week... It's a shame! It was scary... I didn't understand half of it as it was dubbed in France.
On my way to the mall though, I heard a old man behind me talking about it to his friend/wife/whatever and it looked like he enjoyed it.

Hope you get your computer back soon. I'd be dead after over a week without mine!

Bil The Man said...

No Lappy! Oh man, I guess you should have changed your own hard drive. I hope it was backed up.

med neophyte said...

Yikes! I don't know what I would do without mine. I don't even know where my pens and pencils are anymore.

I just finished watching season 2 of GA (x-mas gift from the hubby) but I think I might go back and watch season 1 again and go through the whole thing. Yes, it probably is an addiction. I have accepted I have a problem but you could say I am pre-contemplative at this point :)

Anonymous said...

talking in code??

Tall Medstudent said...

Funny, you'd think that the version dubbed in France would be easier to understand... :)

Lappy is still in the shop. Yeah, it's a ten minute job to replace the hard drive. Augh!

When I'm pre-contemplative about something, I like to get into gear and jump straight to regression. That's progress!

Not code. :) Sometimes, it isn't easy to come up with nicknames for everybody...