Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow

It's been snowing a lot here recently. I swear, it fell almost continuously between Friday and today; it was always a light snowfall, but it just wouldn't stop. Anyways, since it's Valentine's Day, and I've been listening to the Trashcan Sinatras straight for two weeks, I offer you 'Snow':

snow...fills the fields we used to know
and the little park where we would go
lies far below
in the snow

gone...it's all over and you're gone
but the memory lives on
although our dreams lie buried
in the snow

sometimes the wind blows
through the trees
and i think i hear you calling me
but all i see is snow

everywhere i go
as the cold winter sun sinks low
i walk alone through the snow


I dropped off my car at the local Canadian Tire on Monday afternoon, to have new tyres put on my car. My old ones were worn right down, and two of them had 'slow leaks', and by slow, I mean they would go completely flat over the course of a week or so. Anyways, I ended up walking home from the shop, through the snow, which took about 45 minutes in -20 ˚C weather. Not smart, but it reminded me of my youth. :)