Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Looking Sharp

I went skating up at the oval again on Sunday. We have a new batch of exchange students in town, so a bunch of us (Magic Pants, Rococo, Lightweight, Bejeweled!, and Mr. Taboo) went skating with them. I've complained about the poor quality of skate sharpening here in Calgary before, and finally found a solution to the problem. Mr. Taboo, who plays a lot of hockey, always gets his skates sharpened at a specific place in Edmonton. So, I sent my skates up to Edmonton with him on Friday, and so Sunday, I was good to go with freshly sharpened skates. Thankfully, the sharpening job was, in fact, quite excellent. My skates haven't felt that nice on the ice since leaving Toronto way back when. Amazing what a difference it makes.

Unfortunately, the oval is now closed for the next few months. There are some big races there next week, and after that they're keeping it shut until July or so. Not sure why... maybe renovations?

3 comments:

Dr XX said...

hey, what part of toronto are you from? mississauga?

Tall Medstudent said...

When I lived in Toronto, I was right downtown, near Queen's Park and the university.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, there is really much worthwhile data in this post!
look link | you may 8 | nice site this 3 | nice here | check 7 you may 7 | good site