Friday, April 21, 2006

Fore!

You know you're in meds when you get you start getting invitations to golf tournaments in the mail. Got my first one last week. Should have listened when I was told to start playing golf, back in Boston. At least I bought a glove at that time, even though I never actually hit a ball.

Saw another two movies last night. 'Fantastic Four', which was a real stinker, and 'The Delicate Art of Parking', which was a low-budget mockumentary filmed in Vancouver, and wow, a funny movie that caught me completely off guard. I'd never heard of it before. I also saw 'Omen' on Wednesday night: who knew that there were Thai boy bands big enough to have movies made purely to showcase them ('D2B' in this case)?

5 comments:

Marysienka said...

You know you're in meds when the responsible of I-don't-know-what from the National bank of Canada calls you at 6pm on a thursday night to tell you about all the advantages they've got for medstudents. i know them already, banks have been chasing us since day 2. thankyouverymuch.
No comments.

Tall Medstudent said...

Man, you're lucky. I phoned up the B of M, hoping to get my credit card limit raised so that I could pay my tuition with it, and they said, "What, you're a student now? You'll be lucky if we don't lower your limit!" Yow, that's the last time *I* ask for a limit increase...

Marysienka said...

really??? The engineer who is in clinic with me is 45 has the same $200 000 offer as us.
They'd do everything to have us. But I have to say, we appreciate the food they bring when they come see us ;)

Tall Medstudent said...

I think that if I went through the proper channels, I could get some lovin' from my bank...

Anonymous said...

This can't work in reality, that's what I think.
this | ! | best 1 | 2 | here here | 5