Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Week in Review

Hmm, I forgot to post about so much stuff this week.

First of all, I finally got my plane ticket to Tanzania. I had waited too long to book it, and was about to get screwed on the price. I woke up Monday morning, and got a call from a classmate: she had found a cheap ticket, had gone ahead and booked it for me (it was the last seat out of Dar at the end of August), and all I had to do was pay for it. Sweet! No effort required on my part, just the way I like it. She even got the dates right on the stopover I wanted in Frankfurt.

Next, on Wednesday, I had a class in a room that I rarely enter, and when I put my bag down in the corner of the room, I saw the scarf that I had lost on March 1st, just sitting there, neatly folded, in a window bay. I loved that scarf, and was pretty depressed about it disappearing, and now, it had come back to me, after six weeks. Nice!

Anyways, I spent the rest of the week happy about the weather, and getting psyched about summertime. What to do in my two weeks of vacation while I'm in Tanzania? Ngorongoro? Serengeti? Zanzibar? Kilimanjaro? Kilimanjaro is probably out; I don't think I have enough free days in a row to make it up.

I even got excited about a one-night stopover in Dubai. It will end up being a big pain, though, since I'm only there for nine hours.

Anyways, this morning I woke up, and thought that it was Monday and I'd slept in. That meant, I had to run to school ASAP and perform a DRE for the first time. Oh man, was I glad when I realized that it was still Sunday... things aren't looking so rosy for tomorrow.

6 comments:

Marysienka said...

You have school tomorrow? We don't :-P Hope you have a good week. DRE ummm... yea

Bil The Man said...

I heard a story about throat singers here in town in honor of Feynman, made me think of you and your travels.

Nice found a scarf story.

I say go to Zanzibar for sure. That is a great name for a place to say youv've been. I guess Ngorongoro is famous for elephants? Could be cool. The Serengeti is too overdone.

Anna said...

I had to look up what DRE was... in my medical school, its a whole 1st year module - Digestive, Renal and Endocrine. We call it a PR exam.

Well, it made me smile!

Tall Medstudent said...

Just got out of there. A good time was had by all! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm jealous. Take lots of pics!

Tall Medstudent said...

When the time comes... I was thinking about eventually buying a digital camera, but once again, I don't think that this is the correct year for me. :)