Sunday, October 23, 2005

Last Life

I joined zip.ca last week, because I could no longer go on without foreign films in my life. My standard technique for movie selection is to just select anything in the foreign language section with a good title; I never check the synopsis, as that ruins it for me. This is how I 'discovered' the films of Takashi Miike, back in Boston. So, on Friday I watched a great film, 'Last Life in the Universe'. The high point for me was Takashi Miike brilliantly playing a yakuza. What a surprise that was. Recently, I had a similar surprise watching 'EM Embalming', which featured the spectacular Seijun Suzuki as the lead embalmer's aged sidekick. Which reminds me, I still need to see his latest film, 'Racoon Princess' with Zhang Ziyi.

3 comments:

Tall Medstudent said...

I can imagine that on a liquid planet, vomitus would put you at an evolutionary disadvantage. Make sure you watch Takashi Miike's 'Gozu', if you haven't already. It is a fairly good representation of a week in the life of a typical earthling.

Milo said...

To say more, Check student grants because taht's a resource having truly pleasant subjects to watch.Thanks a lot for info.
5 | 9 | 10

Anonymous said...

I found a lot of effective data above!
superb here | superb link | you may 3 nice check | nice 9 | check 6 look 1 | this 7