Thursday, November 24, 2005

Exams

I had an anatomy exam today. By all rights, I should have failed, given the effort I've put into the subject, but managed to memorize 90% of what I needed to during the last three days. I overlooked a couple of subjects while studying, but overall had very few weak points. Basically, I managed to jump out of the fire...

...and into the frying pan. I have another exam tomorrow, and I've put even less effort into it than I did into anatomy. Good one!

I really let my hand ruin my flow, for the last six weeks. No more; this week I went back to my old ways. Next week: no going home before 1 a.m. at the earliest! I must have mastered the basics of cardio by next weekend. No movies except on weekends, or as special rewards for extra-intense extreme studying.

Okay, back to work. I have a Takashi Miike movie waiting to be watched post-exam.

5 comments:

apalazzo said...

Good luck.

Tall Medstudent said...

Too late! What a disaster. About a quarter of the way through the exam, I thought I was going to get 100%. Then I hit the rheumatology section. Ouch.

My movie reward was so screwed up, yet again I couldn't believe what I was watching. It made 'Gozu' look like a Doris Day movie. What does it all mean?

Anyways, I bought one of the textbooks for cardio, and now I am going to go and start studying. :)

Marysienka said...

How can you do that??? I have to give myself minimum a week to study for an exam. Never 3 days, I would fall asleep after the 3rd question :-P And I wish I had your mental capacity. hmm Or maybe your exams are easy? hehe j/k

Good luck with cardio! I have it this winter :-D

Tall Medstudent said...

All the second years told us this was the easiest exam of the year. Supposedly, they complained to admin last year that it was too easy...

Our courses are systems-based, so that's why they're easier to study for; they tend to be very focused.

Marysienka said...

They complained it was too easy? crazy... *roll eyes*